In Elder Law News

It should not. The state Medicaid agency should not look at your mother’s assets after the spend down has occurred. But this is a general rule, so we recommend consulting with a Pennsylvania elder law attorney to make certain there is no local trap for the unwary. Also, if she hasn’t done so already, your mother should make sure to update her estate plan so the house doesn’t pass back to your father if she were to die before him. To find an elder law attorney in Pennsylvania, click here.

Contact Us

Get in touch with us - we look forward to hearing from you!

Start typing and press Enter to search